350 services


Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Tax your vehicle

    Renew or tax your vehicle for the first time using a reminder letter, your log book or the green 'new keeper' slip - and how to tax if you do not have any documents

  • Check if a vehicle is taxed

    Check and report if a vehicle has up-to-date vehicle tax or is 'off road' (SORN)

  • View or share your driving licence information

    Find out what information DVLA holds about your driving licence or create a check code to share your driving record, for example to hire a car

  • Get vehicle information from DVLA

    Check a vehicle's details, tax and SORN status and expiry dates on the Driver Vehicle and Licensing Agency (DVLA) database - online and telephone enquiries

  • Tell DVLA you've sold, transferred or bought a vehicle

    Tell DVLA you've sold your vehicle or transferred it to a new registered keeper (owner), or that you've bought a vehicle

  • Change the address on your driving licence

    Change the address on your full or provisional driving licence for free - do it online or by post

  • Contact DVLA

    Find the right phone number, email or postal address to contact DVLA about driving licences, vehicle tax, medical enquiries and vehicle registration

  • Apply for your first provisional driving licence

    Apply for your first provisional driving licence from DVLA online to drive a car, moped or motorcycle

  • Register your vehicle as off the road (SORN)

    Register your vehicle as off the road - you won't need to pay vehicle tax until you put it on the road again

  • Renew your driving licence

    Apply online to renew your 10-year driving licence, full or provisional - cost, payment methods, documents and information you need

  • Tell DVLA you've changed address

    Tell DVLA when your address changes so your driving licence, vehicle log book (V5C), vehicle tax and other details are up to date

  • Replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence

    Apply for a replacement driving licence online if it's been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed

  • Buy a personalised registration number

    Search for a personalised number plate registration and buy it from DVLA online or at auction

  • Check someone's driving licence information

    Check someone's driving record - vehicles they can drive, penalty points and disqualifications

  • Get a vehicle log book (V5C)

    Get a replacement log book (V5C) if the original has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, or you have not received one for your new vehicle.

  • Change your address or name on your vehicle log book (V5C)

    Update your vehicle log book (V5C) and send it to DVLA to change your address or name

  • Renew your driving licence if you're 70 or over

    Renew your driving licence online if you're 70 or over.

  • Tax your vehicle without a V11 reminder

    Renew your or get vehicle tax if you do not have your V11 reminder - renew online or at the Post Office with your V5C

  • Cancel your vehicle tax and get a refund

    Your vehicle tax is cancelled and you get a refund for any full months of remaining tax when you tell DVLA you no longer have the vehicle or it's off the road

  • Vehicle tax rates

    Tables showing the rates for vehicle tax for different types of vehicle