What we do
Companies House incorporates and dissolves limited companies, registers the information companies are legally required to supply, and makes that information available to the public.
There are more than 3 million limited companies registered in the UK, and 500,000 new companies are incorporated each year.
Who we are
We employ around 1,000 staff in our head office in Cardiff and our offices in Edinburgh, Belfast and London. Company registrations for England and Wales are carried out in Cardiff, while registrations for Scotland and Northern Ireland are processed in Edinburgh and Belfast, respectively. Our London office only provides search services to visiting customers.
Our main responsibilities are to:
- incorporate and dissolve limited companies
- examine and store all company information required by law given to us
- make all information given to us available to the public in the official government register of UK companies
From 2014 to 2015 our priorities will be to:
- provide a single entry point for all our services
- release more open data for free
- be a digital by default service
- increase customer satisfaction
Information on the services we offer.
Access our information
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in the Welsh language scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.