Travel advice - Steaua v Liverpool
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Travel advice for fans going to watch Liverpool play in Romania this week.
Liverpool play Steaua Bucharest in a UEFA Europa League match on 2 December 2010 at the Steaua stadium in Bucharest, Romania. Kick off is at 20:00 local time (18:00 UK time).
- You do not need a visa to enter Romania but your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay.
- Take out some travel insurance and take a European Health Insurance Card - even if you’re only going for one night, if you get into difficulties it could save you a lot of money.
- Try and get to the match early as it is likely you will be security checked more than once as you approach the stadium.
- The gates for Liverpool supporters will be clearly marked and will open two hours before kick-off.
- Liverpool fans will be held back at the end of the match until the home supporters have dispersed.