Information for British nationals who are considering entering into surrogacy arrangements in foreign countries.
Contents of this document include:
- surrogacy clinics and hospitals
- British nationality and passport facilities
- when the surrogate mother is single
- when surrogate mother is married
- parental rights
- registering your child’s birth with the British Embassy
- legal advice
- specific Indian visa, entry and exit clearance requirements
- list of documents required to apply for passport without registration
- list of documents required when registering your child as a British national
- British High Commission in New Delhi’s standard letter for medical visa applications
- covering page for applications to register a child born through surrogacy
The procedures set out in this document are based on advice from the Home Office.