This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Manchester United play Schalke 04 on 26 April 2011
The UEFA Champions League match will be played at the Arena Auf Schalke (also know as Veltins-Arena), Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Kick off is at 20:45 local time (19:45 UK time).
Fans going to the match can find information and advice on our travelling football fans page.
You can also view our latest travel advice for Germany.
- you don’t need a visa to enter Germany but your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay
- take out travel insurance and get a European Health Insurance Card - even if you’re only going for one night, if you get into difficulties it could save you a lot of money!
- as in most cities, you should be aware of pickpockets and bag snatchers in crowded areas, particularly near exchange shops, hotels and on public transport
- look after your passport - replacements travel documents cannot be issued until the following day at the Consulate in Dusseldorf
- our travel advice for Germany has more information on staying safe.