G8 Summit round-up
- Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street, Cabinet Office, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, HM Treasury, UK Trade & Investment, and The Rt Hon David Cameron MP
- Part of:
- Overseas aid transparency, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, USA, and UK Presidency of G8 2013
- First published:
- 17 June 2013
- Last updated:
- 19 June 2013, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Learn more about the UK's G8 Summit 2013 in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland.
The G8 Summit took place on 17 – 18 June 2013.
Catch up with all the events from the summit:
- videos from the G8 Summit
- official photos from the G8 Summit
- communiqués and other documents from the G8 Summit
- round-up of events at the G8 Summit
- further information on the G8
Key events and announcements
The Prime Minister arrived in Lough Erne on Sunday night (16 June).
Leaders attended bilaterals in the afternoon. A global economy working session was held in the evening and a communiqué was issued.
At the end of the summit, the 2013 Lough Erne G8 leaders’ communiqué was issued, setting out the commitments made by the G8 leaders.
After the summit, the Prime Minister made a statement in the House of Commons.
What is the G8?
The G8 is a forum that brings together 8 global leaders to address international issues and tackle the most pressing global challenges. Find out more about the G8.
The Presidency of the G8 rotates each calendar year. The UK holds the Presidency throughout 2013. Read about:
Published: 17 June 2013
Updated: 19 June 2013
- Removed schedule and added links to multimedia content.
- Story so far updated.
- Updated schedule and story so far.
- New live video stream added on 18 June 2013
- Added link to news story: 'G8 Summit: negotiations for historic EU-US trade deal announced'
- First published.
From: Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street Cabinet Office Department for Business, Innovation & Skills Foreign & Commonwealth Office HM Treasury UK Trade & Investment The Rt Hon David Cameron MP