Trade with the UK as a business based in the EU
If you run an EU-based business, check what your business needs to know to continue trading with the UK.
Sign up for upcoming webinars to learn more about trading with the UK.
Moving goods into and out of the UK
Rules have changed and there are border requirements placed on the movement of goods between the EU and UK.
Specific rules for importing and exporting goods
You must check with your country’s customs authority what customs procedures will need to be applied for bringing goods from the UK to the EU.
- Food and drink businesses: working with the EU
- Trading or moving CITES-listed specimens through UK ports and airports
- Importing and exporting plants and plant products
- Exporting or moving fish from the UK
- Importing or moving fish to the UK
- Fluorinated gas (F gas): guidance for users, producers and traders
- Regulations: timber and FLEGT licences
- Comply with UK REACH: submit and manage chemical registrations and notifications
- Wood packaging goods for import and export
- Meeting climate change requirements in 2021
- Placing manufactured products on the market in Great Britain
- Placing manufactured goods on the market in Northern Ireland
- Using the UKCA marking
- Cosmetic Products Enforcement Regulations 2013
- Declaring reusable packaging for Great Britain imports and exports
Taxes and tariffs
Find out more about taxes and tariffs for EU businesses trading with the UK.
Use the EU search tool to find out what Customs Duty and VAT you need to apply when trading with the UK
The EU and UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement establishes zero tariffs or quotas on trade between the UK and the EU, where goods meet the relevant rules of origin.
- Look up tariffs, taxes and rules to trade with the UK
- Tariffs on goods imported into the UK
- Delaying declarations for goods brought into Great Britain
- Apply to use simplified declarations for imports you entered in your records without authorisation
- VAT and overseas goods sold directly to customers in the UK
- VAT and overseas goods sold to customers in the UK using online marketplaces
- Refunds of UK VAT for non-UK businesses (VAT Notice 723A)
Data protection and copyright
What EU businesses need to consider when transferring data to and from the UK.
Travelling for business and working in the UK
What EU citizens need to do if they are working in the UK.
- Visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- Driving in Great Britain on a non-GB licence
- Social security contributions for workers coming to the UK from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland
- Entering the UK
- Qualified teacher status (QTS): qualify to teach in England
- Immigration Rules
- The UK’s points-based immigration system: information for EU citizens
- Frontier Worker permit
- EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit