What coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and quarantine rules you need to follow depends on:
- whether you qualify as fully vaccinated
- where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive
Find out what to do if you’re:
Before you leave for the UK
Your identity document (for example your passport or identity card) will be checked when you arrive at a UK port or airport to make sure you’re allowed to come into the country. It should be valid for the whole of your stay.
You may also need a visa to come into or travel through the UK, depending on your nationality.
What you can bring with you
What you can bring with you depends on where you’re travelling from. You must declare to customs:
- anything over your duty-free allowance
- banned or restricted goods in the UK
- goods that you plan to sell
- more than €10,000 (or its equivalent) in cash, if you’re coming from outside the EU
You and your baggage may be checked for anything you must declare.