Apply to the Registered Traveller Service so you can enter the UK using the UK/EU lanes at border control. This means you won’t need a landing card and entry is usually quicker than using other lanes.
You can use the Registered Traveller Service if both of the following apply:
- you’re a national of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand or the USA
- you regularly use Heathrow or Gatwick airports, or the Eurostar terminals at Paris, Lille or Brussels
At Heathrow and Gatwick passport control, you’ll be able to:
- use the ePassport gates if you have a biometric passport
- use the UK/EU channel at Heathrow or the Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick
It costs £50 to apply. This charge is non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.
If you’re already a member and you need to update your passport details it costs £20. Updating visa information is free.
You can use the service for 12 months if your application is successful.
Before you start
Find out which ports you can use to enter the UK using the Registered Traveller Service.
- your passport
- a debit or credit card
To be eligible you must fall into one of the following immigration categories:
- indefinite leave to remain
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa excluding dependants
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa excluding dependants
- Tier 1 (Investor) visa excluding dependants
- Tier 2 visa - all categories excluding dependants
- General Visitor (tourist)
- Business Visitor
- Entertainer Visitor
- Sports Visitor
- Parents of Children at School in the UK
You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days.