Registered Traveller service
Use the Registered Traveller service to get through the UK border faster.
You can apply for Registered Traveller membership if you have a UK visa or have visited the UK at least 4 times in the last 24 months.
If your application is successful, you can use:
- UK and EU entry lanes
- ePassport gates - if your passport has a ‘chip’
You also won’t need to fill in a landing card.
You can use the service at:
- Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Heathrow, London City, Luton, Manchester and Stansted airports
- Eurostar terminals at Brussels, Lille and Paris
How to apply
Apply online for Registered Traveller membership for 1 year - you’ll need your passport number and expiry date. It costs £70.
You’ll get a decision on your application within 10 working days. You’ll get £50 back if your application is unsuccessful.
If your application is accepted, the next time you travel to the UK you must go through the ‘other passports’ lane and fill in a landing card.
The immigration officer will check that you meet the criteria and tell you that you can become a member if you do.
- £70 to apply to use the service for 1 year
- £50 to renew your Registered Traveller membership for another year - you have 28 days to do this before it expires
- £20 to update your passport details if you get a new passport
You must update your details if your visa or immigration status changes. There’s no fee to do this.
- be 18 or older
- have a visa or have visited the UK at least 4 times in the last 24 months
- have an eligible passport
Brunei, Hong Kong (must be a Special Administrative Region passport), Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (you must have a personal ID number on the photo page)
Australia, New Zealand
Canada, Mexico, USA
South and Central America
Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay