If you have been told you can view your immigration status online you can use this service to:
- get a ‘share code’ to prove your status to others, for example employers
- update personal details in your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account, for example your passport number or email address
- check what rights you have in the UK, for example the right to work, rent or claim benefits
Who can use this service
You can only use this service if you have a UKVI account.
You’ll have a UKVI account if you:
- applied to the EU Settlement Scheme
- applied for a visa and used the UK Immigration: ID Check app
If you do not have a UKVI account
You will not have a UKVI account if you went to a Visa Application Centre (VAC) or Service Support Centre (SSC) to prove your identity when applying for a visa.
View or prove your immigration status
- details of the identity document you use to sign in to your UKVI account (your passport, national identity card, or biometric residence card or permit)
- your date of birth
- access to the mobile number or email address you use to sign in to your UKVI account - you’ll be sent a code for logging in