Share details of your right to rent in England, including how long you can rent for.
You can use this service if you:
- have a biometric residence card or permit
- have settled or pre-settled status
- applied for a visa and used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document on your phone
If you do not have any of these documents, check how to prove your right to rent.
You do not need to prove your right to rent in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Prove your right to rent online
You’ll need your date of birth and details of one of the following:
- your biometric residence permit
- your biometric residence card
- your passport or national identity card
Before you start
If you’re a landlord or agent, you must view a tenant’s right to rent details before you rent to them.