How to comply with REACH chemical regulations

How to comply with the EU's REACH chemical regulations when you're using, making, selling or importing chemicals in the EU.

If you’re using, making, selling or importing chemicals in the EU, you need to follow REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals) regulations.

Find out what you must do to meet REACH requirements.

Register your chemical substance

You must register your chemical substance with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) - this body enforces REACH regulations in the EU.

Find out how to register your substance with ECHA.

Prepare for Brexit

See the detailed guidance on chemical regulations when the UK leaves the EU on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website.

Get more information about REACH

You can read ECHA advice to find out:

  • the chemicals that are covered by REACH regulations
  • whether authorisation or restriction should take place

You can also get information about REACH:

Published 23 September 2015
Last updated 4 December 2018 + show all updates
  1. Added link to Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance on chemical regulations and preparing for Brexit. See 'Prepare for Brexit'.
  2. Amended link to registration support page.
  3. First published.