On this page
Prepare for Brexit
Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
The EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens and their families to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU ('Brexit'): who's eligible, how to apply, how much it costs.
Visit Europe after Brexit
From 31 October 2019, there may be changes to passports, driving, EHIC cards, pet travel and more - check if you need to act now.
Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
Most EU citizens will need to apply to continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU. Use this tool to find out what you need to do and when.
Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad on holiday and how to exchange your licence if you move abroad - including driving in the EU after Brexit.
Stay in the UK after it leaves the EU ('settled status'): step by step
Find out how and when to apply for settled status after the UK leaves the EU.
Guidance and regulation
- EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence
- EU Settlement Scheme: application processing times
- EU Settlement Scheme: ID document scanner locations
- Using the ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ app
- Visiting the UK after Brexit
News and communications
Research and statistics
- European Union Finances 2018
- UK trade agreement continuity: statistics and analysis
- European Union Finances 2017
- Renal cancer and occupational exposure to trichloroethylene: IIAC position paper 39
- Summary of Issues Raised by British Citizens in the Netherlands
Policy papers and consultations
- The UK's future skills-based immigration system: advisory group membership
- Continuing the UK's trade relationship with the Andean countries: parliamentary report
- Brexit and local government: response to the HCLG Select Committee report
- European Union (Withdrawal) Act and Common Frameworks report
- Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) communiqué: 09 May 2019
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Department for Exiting the European Union single departmental plan
- Department for Exiting the European Union: business appointment rules advice, January to March 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union: business appointment rules advice, October to December 2018
- Department for Exiting the European Union: senior officials' hospitality, meetings and travel, January to March 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union: special advisers' gifts, hospitality and meetings, January to March 2019