On this page
Prepare for EU Exit
Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
The EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens and their families to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU ('Brexit'): who's eligible, how to apply, how much it costs.
Visit Europe after Brexit
From 31 October 2019, there may be changes to passports, driving, EHIC cards, pet travel and more - check if you need to act now.
Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
Most EU citizens will need to apply to continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU. Use this tool to find out what you need to do and when.
Stay in the UK after it leaves the EU ('settled status'): step by step
Find out how and when to apply for settled status after the UK leaves the EU.
Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad on holiday and how to exchange your licence if you move abroad - including driving in the EU after Brexit.
Guidance and regulation
- EU Settlement Scheme: application processing times
- EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence
- EU Settlement Scheme: ID document scanner locations
- Using the ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ app
- Visiting the UK after Brexit
News and communications
Research and statistics
- European Union Finances 2017
- Renal cancer and occupational exposure to trichloroethylene: IIAC position paper 39
- Summary of Issues Raised by British Citizens in the Netherlands
- What information is there on British migrants living in Europe?
Policy papers and consultations
- Call for evidence to identify UK interest in existing EU trade remedy measures
- European Union (Withdrawal) Act and Common Frameworks report
- Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) communiqué: 09 May 2019
- Joint Communiqué of the British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference: 8 May 2019
- Response to an inspection of the EU Settlement Scheme
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Euratom exit: quarterly update, January to March 2019
- EU Settlement Scheme public beta testing phase report
- Department for Exiting the European Union: spend over £25,000, March 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union: prompt payment data, Jan 2019 to Mar 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union: spend over £25,000, February 2019