Excise Notice 179: motor and heating fuels - general information and accounting for Excise Duty and VAT
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Excise notices: oils, Fuel Duty, and International freight industry and businesses making customs declarations
- First published:
- 6 November 2014
- Last updated:
- 7 December 2016, see all updates
This notice is about the requirements and obligations for warehousekeepers of motor and heating fuels in the UK. It also gives guidance on accounting for Excise Duty and VAT charged on these fuels.
This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 of 13 April 2016.
Published: 6 November 2014
Updated: 7 December 2016
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 of 13 April 2016.
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 of January 2016.
- Previous concession for buffers for supplies of Aviation turbine fuel (Avtur) in pipelines has been revised.
- Changes made to reflect the inclusion of biofuels and other non-hydrocarbon dutiable goods.
- This notice cancels and replaces the previous version. HMRC has updated any references to our website which has moved to www.gov.uk. We have also added details of the new UK marker, effective from 1 April 2015 to section 8.
- We have rewritten paragraph 12.1.
- Multiple amendments to notice 179
- First published.