- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Excise notices: oils, Fuel Duty, and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 6 November 2014
- Last updated:
- 10 May 2017, see all updates
This notice is about the requirements and obligations for warehousekeepers of motor and heating fuels in the UK. It also gives guidance on accounting for Excise Duty and VAT charged on these fuels.
This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 (December 2016).
Published: 6 November 2014
Updated: 10 May 2017
- This notice provides the updated guidance on wet line contamination and an additional paragraph at 7.15 has been introduced.
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 of 13 April 2016.
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 179 of January 2016.
- Previous concession for buffers for supplies of Aviation turbine fuel (Avtur) in pipelines has been revised.
- Changes made to reflect the inclusion of biofuels and other non-hydrocarbon dutiable goods.
- This notice cancels and replaces the previous version. HMRC has updated any references to our website which has moved to www.gov.uk. We have also added details of the new UK marker, effective from 1 April 2015 to section 8.
- We have rewritten paragraph 12.1.
- First published.
- Multiple amendments to notice 179