Fuel Duty: payment of rebate on other heavy oil supplied for heating or fuel in an engine (HO101)

Use the online forms service or the postal form (HO101) to account for Excise Duty on recovered waste oil used for heating or engine use.


Account for payment online (sign in with Government Gateway)

Account for payment by post


Before you fill in this form call 0300 058 3946 to get your unique reference number. You’ll need to include this with your submission.

Duty is due at the fuel oil rate if you’ve obtained waste heavy oil and are intending to resell or use it for heating or in an engine (but not road use). You won’t have changed this oil in any way, such as by heating or vibration.

To account for Excise Duty you can either:

  • use the online service (you’ll need to log in to your tax account)
  • fill in the postal form on-screen, print and post to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start

If you are using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

Published 4 July 2014
Last updated 18 March 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online service is now available.
  2. First published.