Appoint a UK tax representative for Climate Change Levy

Use the online form service to appoint a UK tax representative for Climate Change Levy if your business is not based in the UK.


Climate Change Levy: application to appoint a UK tax representative using the paper form


Use online form service if you need to appoint a UK tax representative because your business makes supplies subject to UK Climate Change Levy (CCL), but has no business establishment in the UK.

You can either:

  • use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.

Information you’ll need

You’ll need the following details to hand to help you complete the online form:

  • Departmental Trader Registration Number (if applicable)
  • VAT Registration Number (if applicable)

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using the postal form and your browser is an older one, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

You can use form CCL1 to register for Climate Change Levy.

Find out more about CCL in Excise Notice:

Published 14 July 2014