Register for Climate Change Levy

Use the online or postal form CCL1 to register with HMRC for Climate Change Levy.


Register using the online form (sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account)

Register by post


To register for Climate Change Levy (CCL), you can either:

  • use the online form (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.

Before you start using the postal form

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

If you’re using an older browser, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You can use these Climate Change Levy forms to:

Find out more about CCL in Excise Notice:

Published 4 April 2014
Last updated 1 June 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online forms service is now available.
  2. Welsh version of the form CCL1 has been added to this page.
  3. First published.