Climate Change Levy: apply to cancel your registration (CCL7)

Use the online form service or the postal form CCL7 to cancel your Climate Change Levy registration.


Cancel using the online form (sign-in or set up a Government Gateway account)

Cancel using the postal form


About this form

To cancel your Climate Change Levy registration, you can either:

  • use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

To fill in this form you’ll need your Deferment Trader registration number. This is the 13 numbers under which registered traders account for all their business with HMRC.

Please read the the general guide to Climate Change Levy before you start to fill in this form. This will help you to decide whether or not to apply to cancel your registration.

Don’t use this form if:

  • you’re continuing to make taxable supplies, as cancellation can’t take effect until your taxable supplies have ceased
  • your legal status is changing or you’re transferring your business as a going concern and the new owner wants to keep the Departmental Trader Registration (DTR) number

Before you start filling in the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Climate Change Levy: registration form (CCL1)
Use form CCL1 to register with HM Revenue and Customs for Climate Change Levy (CCL).

Excise Notice CCL1: a general guide to Climate Change Levy
Notice about the main rates of CCL. Read this notice before you fill in form CCL7, it will help you decide whether or not to cancel your registration.

Excise Notice CCL1/1: registering for Climate Change Levy
Notice about registering for the main rates of CCL and the carbon price support rates of CCL.

Published 9 June 2014
Last updated 31 May 2016 + show all updates
  1. An online form service is now available.
  2. First published.