On this page
Environmental taxes, reliefs and schemes for businesses
Find out about green taxes for businesses - tax relief for becoming more energy efficient and schemes for off-setting your environmental impact
Claim relief against the main rates of Climate Change Levy
Use the certificate form PP11 to tell your supplier the level of relief to use against your liability to Climate Change Levy.
Send supporting analysis of relief for Climate Change Levy
Use postal form PP10 to provide supporting analysis of relief on energy use for Climate Change Levy.
Claim a tax credit for Climate Change Levy
Use postal form CCL200X if you've overpaid Climate Change Levy and submitted a PP11 CCL Supplier Certificate and have underclaimed your relief entitlement.
Register for Climate Change Levy
Use the online or postal form CCL1 to register with HMRC for Climate Change Levy.
Guidance and regulation
- Rates and allowances: Climate Change Levy
- Climate Change Levy: application, rates and exemptions
- Excise Notice CCL1/3: Climate Change Levy - reliefs and special treatments for taxable commodities
- UK Trade Tariff: excise duties, reliefs, drawbacks and allowances
- Excise Notice CCL1: a general guide to Climate Change Levy
Research and statistics
Policy papers and consultations
- Climate Change Levy exemption for mineralogical and metallurgical processes
- Climate Change Levy: main and reduced rates
- Climate Change Levy: transitional period for removal of renewables exemption
- Climate Change Levy: removal of exemption for electricity from renewable sources
- Carbon price floor: fossil fuels used in a combined heat and power station to generate good quality electricity consumed on site