Find out what to do if you’ve lost your:
- user ID
- activation code
You can also check service availability and see if there are any problems with our online services (including error messages).
Problems using HMRC online services
Use the ‘Get help’ or ‘Is there anything wrong with this page’ link on the page in the online service you’re using if you:
- need help using the service
- have received an error message in an online service
- are having problems with verifying your identity, your log in details or receiving access codes
Speak to an adviser online about technical issues you’re having with HMRC online services.
They cannot talk to you about:
- your Income Tax – contact the Income Tax Helpline
- your Child Benefit – contact the Child Benefit Helpline
- your tax credits – contact the Tax Credits Helpline
- logging into VAT online services – contact the VAT Online Services Helpline
Call HMRC if you’re having technical problems with HMRC online services.
Do not use this helpline for:
- tax queries - contact the helpline that deals with your tax, Child Benefit or tax credits affairs
- issues with VAT online services – call the VAT online services helpline
You can use NGT text relay if you cannot hear or speak on the phone: dial 18001 then 0300 200 3600.
0300 200 3600
+44 161 930 8445
Our phone line opening hours have temporarily changed to:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
Closed on bank holidays.
This is due to having fewer advisers available to answer calls because of the measures put in place to stop the spread of coronavirus.
If your call is not urgent please use webchat to contact us.
You can also find out information in: