Find out what to do if you’ve lost your:
- user ID
- activation code
You can also check service availability and see if there are any problems with our online services (including error messages).
Problems using HMRC online services
Use the ‘Get help’ or ‘Is there anything wrong with this page’ link on the page in the online service you’re using if you:
- need help using the service
- have received an error message in an online service
- are having problems with verifying your identity, your log in details or receiving access codes
Advisers can only talk to you about technical issues you’re having with HMRC online services.
They will not be able to transfer you to another webchat team, or help with questions about:
- your Income Tax – contact the Income Tax Helpline
- your Child Benefit – contact the Child Benefit Helpline
- your tax credits – contact the Tax Credits Helpline
- logging into VAT online services – contact the VAT Online Services Helpline
Webchat is unavailable at the moment because of technical problems.
Call HMRC if you’re having technical problems with HMRC online services.
Do not use this helpline for:
- tax queries - contact the helpline that deals with your tax, Child Benefit or tax credits affairs
- issues with VAT online services – call the VAT online services helpline
0300 200 3600
+44 161 930 8445
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Closed on Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
You can use NGT text relay if you cannot hear or speak on the phone: dial 18001 then 0300 200 3600.