Find out what to do if you’ve lost your:
- user ID
- activation code
You can also check service availability and see if there are any problems with our online services (including error messages).
Problems using HMRC online services
Use the ‘Get help’ or ‘Is there anything wrong with this page’ link on the page in the online service you’re using if you:
- need help using the service
- have received an error message in an online service
- are having problems with:
- verifying your identity
- your log in details
- receiving access codes
Don’t use the ‘Is there anything wrong with this page?’ link on this page to report online service problems.
Advisers can only talk to you about technical issues you’re having with HMRC online services. They will not be able to transfer you to another webchat team.
Webchat is unavailable at the moment because of technical problems.
Call HMRC if you’re having technical problems with HMRC online services.
Do not use this helpline for:
- tax queries - contact the helpline that deals with your tax, Child Benefit or tax credits affairs
- issues with VAT online services – call the VAT online services helpline
0300 200 3600
0300 200 3603
+44 161 930 8445
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Sunday: 9am to 5pm
Closed Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.