Bats: apply for a mitigation licence (A13)
Apply for a licence to do development or other work that may affect bats and find out how to report your actions.
Request permission for works or an activity on an SSSI
Use this form to give Natural England notice of a proposed operation on a site of special scientific interest (SSSI).
Appeal refusal of consent for work on an SSSI
You can use this form to appeal if Natural England refuses you consent for an activity on a site of special scientific interest (SSSI).
Appeal a management notice for work on an SSSI
You can use this form to appeal if Natural England serves you a management notice for works on a site of special scientific interest (SSSI).
Volunteer bat roost visitor: expression of interest
Use this form to register as a trainee volunteer bat roost visitor (VBRV) with Natural England.
Guidance and regulation
- Sites of special scientific interest: managing your land
- Protected species: how to review planning applications
- Bats: surveys and mitigation for development projects
- Construction near protected areas and wildlife
- Great crested newts: surveys and mitigation for development projects
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Seascape assessments for North East, North West, South East, South West marine plan areas (MMO1134)
- Marine Management Organisation (MMO) Master Data Register (MDR)
- Scientific Framework Agreement 2012-2016
Policy papers and consultations
- Flamborough and Filey Coast potential Special Protection Area (pSPA) and Flamborough Head possible Special Area of Conservation (pSAC): consultation outcome
- Southern North Sea review of consents: draft Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA)
- Crouch and Roach Estuaries protected sites: consultation outcome
- National FCERM strategy: Strategic Environmental Assessment scoping report
- Liverpool Bay / Bae Lerpwl Special Protection Area extension: consultation outcome
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Natural England designations programme for areas, sites and trails
- Conservation advice for Marine Protected Areas: project background