Give notice and get consent for a planned activity on a SSSI

Owners and occupiers should use this form to give notice of a planned activity on a site of special scientific interest (SSSI) that needs Natural England’s permission.



As the owner or occupier of a SSSI, you must give notice and get Natural England’s permission (consent) before you:

  • carry out a planned activity on it
  • allow someone else to carry out a planned activity on it

Follow the guidance on managing your land on a SSSI to find out:

  • when you need consent
  • how to get advice
  • how to give notice

Use this form to give notice of the planned activity. You may include:

  • a map of the site
  • routes vehicles might take to complete the work
  • materials and chemicals you’ll need to use

Natural England may ask you for more details, where necessary.

Send your completed form by email

Email your completed form to

If your land is in a land management scheme, such as Countryside Stewardship or Environmental Stewardship, you must attach a copy of your agreement.

Published 2 June 2015
Last updated 8 April 2020 + show all updates
  1. Single point of email contact.

  2. Details of where to send the consent notice form has changed.

  3. Updated version of form.

  4. First published.