You can apply for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa if you:
- are a graduate who has been officially endorsed as having a genuine and credible business idea
- are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility criteria
You must be endorsed by either:
- the Department for International Trade (DIT) as part of the elite global graduate entrepreneur programme (Sirius)
- a UK higher education institution (HEI) if it’s an authorised endorsing body
How long it will take
How long it takes depends on how you’ve been endorsed.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks if you’ve been endorsed by DIT. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
You can check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.
UK HEI endorsement
You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 8 weeks if you’ve been endorsed by a UK higher education institution. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply (outside the UK)||Extend or switch by post in the UK|
|If you’re a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia||£308||£438|
|All dependants||£363 each person||£493 each person|
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK for one year on a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
You can apply to extend this visa for one more year.
What you can and cannot do
- bring family members with you
- extend your stay in the UK using this visa
- switch into this visa from some other visa categories
- get public funds
- work as a doctor or dentist in training
- work as a professional sportsperson, for example a sports coach
- settle in the UK on this visa