You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) if you:
- want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years
- are aged 18 to 30
- have £2,530 in savings
- have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries or territories
- meet the other eligibility requirements
This visa has replaced the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa.
How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you travel.
Example You can apply from 16 January if you plan to travel on 15 July.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
It costs £244 to apply.
How long you can stay
You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months.
You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.
If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid.
What you can and cannot do
- study - for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- work in most jobs
- be self-employed and set up a company - as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees
- work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
- extend your stay
- get public funds
- bring in family members on your application - they must apply separately