You can apply to extend your Turkish Businessperson visa if you already have permission to stay in the UK as a Turkish Businessperson.
- continue running your business in the UK, and start another one
- continue to help run an established business in the UK
You must meet the eligibility requirements.
New applications for the Turkish Businessperson visa have closed. Only children under 21 (‘child dependants’) can apply to join you in the UK on this visa.
You can only extend your visa if you’re already in the UK. You’ll need to meet the eligibility requirements to extend your visa.
How long you can stay
You can apply to extend your visa for up to 3 years.
If you want to stay longer in the UK
You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.
After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.
How to apply
You must apply to extend your visa online.
Your partner and children (‘dependants’) can apply separately to extend their dependant visas, if they already have them.
If your children or your partner’s children want to join you from outside the UK, they’ll need to apply as your dependants.
How long it takes
As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents. You may need to allow extra time if you need an appointment to do this. You’ll find out if you need one when you start your application.
Getting a decision
Once you’ve applied, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa extension within 6 months.
How much it costs
There’s no fee to apply to extend your visa.
What you can and cannot do
With a Turkish Businessperson visa extension you can:
- keep running your business in the UK, and start another one
- keep being a partner in an existing business which you’ll have an active part in running
- apply to extend your stay if you meet the eligibility requirements
- do voluntary work
- apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- change jobs or employer
If your application is successful, you’ll get a full list of what you can and cannot do with a Turkish Businessperson visa.