Turkish Worker visa
You can apply for permission to stay in the UK as a Turkish Worker if you’re a Turkish national and have legally worked in the UK for at least 1 year as:
- the spouse of a British or settled person without any restrictions on working in the UK
- a holder of a work permit allowing you to work in the UK
- a student allowed to work 20 hours a week during term time and full time during vacation periods
How long you can stay
The length of time you can stay and what job you can do depends on how long you’ve legally worked in the UK.
|How long you’ve worked in the UK||Length of permission to be in the UK||What you can do|
|1 to 3 years||Up to 2 years||Continue to work for the same employer|
|3 to 4 years||Up to 1 year||Change employer, but in the same occupation|
|4+ years||Up to 3 years||Work in any occupation for any employer|
You must apply from within the UK before your current permission to stay expires.
There’s no fee for this application.
What you can and can’t do
- include your family (‘dependants’) on this extension if they’re already in the UK, eg your partner and children switch into this category from another visa
- switch into this category from another visa
- apply to settle in the UK permanently