5. Extend your visa
You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Turkish Businessperson visa.
You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must be in the UK to extend your visa.
You must also meet the following conditions:
- your business is still going
- you’re still able to pay your share of the costs of running the business (its liabilities)
- your share of the profits will be enough to support you and your dependants without you needing to have another job
How long you can stay
A Turkish Businessperson visa can normally be extended for 3 years - though you must keep working in the business your visa is for.
If you don’t have all the evidence you need for your extension application, you may be able to stay 1 year. You can apply again at the end of that year.
How to extend your visa
You can either:
How long it takes
A decision will be made on your application within 6 months.
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example if:
- your supporting documents need to be verified
- you need to attend an interview
- you have a criminal conviction
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.
You won’t have to pay a fee.