UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

When you apply for a visa, settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) or citizenship in the UK, you’ll usually need to use UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS).

Use UKVCAS to provide:

  • your biometric information (fingerprints and photo)
  • supporting documents for your application

You’ll be told if you need to use UKVCAS when you apply.

What you need to do

You’ll need to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS service point to provide your biometric information.

You can provide your supporting documents either by:

  • uploading them into the UKVCAS online service
  • having them scanned at your UKVCAS appointment

You’ll be told how to book an appointment and upload your documents when you apply.

If you’re applying to the EU Settlement Scheme

You must upload your supporting documents when you apply. You will not be able to scan them at your UKVCAS appointment.

Service point locations

Find your nearest service points.

You’ll get a list of available appointments when you book.

How much it costs

It costs £19.20 to give your biometric information. You’ll pay as part of your visa application.

You may need to pay a fee for your appointment, depending on the service point you choose. There are:

  • 6 free ‘core’ service points
  • 50 ‘enhanced’ service points that cost £60

Depending on the service point, you’ll also be able to pay for:

  • out of hours or weekend appointments
  • extra services, for example document translation or an interpreter

Your appointment

When you go to your appointment, you’ll need to bring your:

  • appointment confirmation email (either a print-out or a copy on your phone or tablet)
  • passport or travel document
  • other supporting documents (unless you’ve already uploaded them online)

You’ll get a list of supporting documents you need to provide when you submit your application.

Family members

If your application includes family members, you must all go to an appointment together.

Children under 16

Children under 16 must go to the appointment with the person named as the ‘responsible adult’ on their application.

Getting a decision

You will not get a decision on your application at your appointment. How long a decision takes depends on what you applied for. You may be able to pay for a faster decision when you apply.