You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa if:
- you want to set up or run a business in the UK
- you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
You must have access to at least £50,000 investment funds to apply.
How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply online or by post||Apply in person outside the UK|
|You (if you’re from Croatia, Turkey or Macedonia)||£1,038||£819|
|All dependants||£1,093 each person||£874 each person|
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
You may be able to apply for settlement (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) once you’ve been in the UK for 5 years.
What you can and can’t do
- set up or take over the running of 1 business or more
- work for your business, including being self-employed, but you should check your work meets the conditions of being self-employed
- bring family members with you
- do any work outside your business, eg work where you’re employed by another business
- get public funds