Protecting rural landscapes and features

Funding and cross compliance

You can apply for funding to protect rural landscapes and features through:

Read a Natural England guide to looking after your land with environmental stewardship.

Cross compliance

To get funding from EU and UK rural development schemes you need to meet standards set down in cross compliance.

To qualify for funding, farmers must meet:

The Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has detailed information on what you must do to meet cross compliance requirements.

Defra cross compliance helpline
Telephone: 0345 345 1302
Find out about call charges