The Bilateral Prosperity Fund will seek to create the right conditions for growth in Honduras, seeking to deliver real, measurable outcomes in support of development in the country. Our priorities include; anti-corruption and transparency, public private partnerships and government policy. Over time we expect these reforms to create opportunities for international companies, including UK companies.
Typical projects should not exceed a value of £17,000 (with a minimum bid size of £5,000) and should aim to work with organisations from the government, civil society and the private sector. Projects must be completed by 31st December 2016.
Official Development Assistance
All expenditures must qualify as ODA. Official Development Assistance (ODA) is a term created by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to measure aid. ODA should be undertaken by the official sector (official agencies, including state and local governments, or their executive agencies) and has promotion of economic development and welfare as the main objective.
There is scope for regional/multi-country work with other countries in Central America, and bids that include a multi-country aspect will also be considered; this can be either a project that includes impacts in two or more countries OR a project in one country that not only clearly shows how it can be replicated in the region but has activities designed to take that forward in some way; these bids will require support from all relevant embassies. Please contact Panama.Prosperity@fco.gov.uk before submitting a regional bid.
We are looking for project bids which address any of the following:
Anti-corruption and Transparency
- Building an open and transparent business environment by reducing bribery and corruption, stopping IP theft, counterfeiting and money laundering.
- Development of a whistle blowing mechanism.
- Support and capacity building to land registry.
Public Private Partnerships
- Improving development and delivery of infrastructure, including building capacity to use public-private partnerships in Honduras
- Improving the design and delivery of government policy, using economic analysis to better inform policy formulation.
How to bid: General Guidance on Project Proposals
The bidding process is in two stages: a concept bid and full bid stage.
- Only bids approved through the concept stage will be considered for full bids. Implementers will be advised if a concept bid has been accepted and called to present a full bid.
- The project proposal in the concept bid form should be submitted in English with the title “Honduras Bilateral Prosperity Fund 2016: XXX name of the implementer”, to email@example.com. Deadline to submit concept bids is 1 June 2016.
- Those bids agreed by the Board at the Concept stage will be invited to submit a full bid. The project proposal in the bid form (including an Activity Based Budget) should be submitted in English with the title “Honduras Bilateral Prosperity Fund 2016: XXX name of the implementer”, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 17 June 2016.
More information and documents
- The FCO will sign a standard grant contract with all successful bidders. The terms of the contract and standard grant agreement are not negotiable.
- Please read all guidance and ensure that project proposals are designed and submitted in accordance with it. Proposals that do not meet the criteria and guidance will be rejected.
|18 May 2016
||Announce request for submission of Concept Bids
|1 June 2016
||Deadline for Implementers to submit Concept Bids
|6 June 2016
||Post Board Meeting
|8 June 2016
||Post notification to Implementers announcing results of Concept Bids
|17 June 2016
||Deadline for Implementers to submit Full Bids (including a final Activity Based Budget)
|30 June 2016
||Post notification to Implementers announcing results of bidding round
|10 July 2016
||Contracts and financial arrangements completed
|15 July 2016
||Planned Start of Projects
|31 December 2016
||All projects to be completed