Application to extend stay in UK: form Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)

Form to apply to extend stay in the UK under Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) and get a biometric residence permit.


Application for a grant of leave and biometric residence permit under Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) main applicant

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use ‘Form Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)’ if you want to apply to extend your stay (also known as a ‘grant of leave to remain’) and get a biometric residence permit.

If you are applying as a domestic worker in a diplomatic household you will also need to complete the separate form ‘Application for visa: diplomat’s domestic worker terms and conditions’.

Read the ‘Additional information’ on this page before you apply, as well as the policy guidance.