Air accident monthly bulletin December 2014
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.92MB, 120 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
December Bulletin 12/2014
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport- Rotorcraft
General Aviation - Fixed wing
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Gemini Flash IIA (G-MVKC), loss of control on takeoff from Caernarfon Airport on 15 May 2014
- Pegasus Quik (G-CCWR), struck trees on approach, Farway Common Airfield, near Honiton, Devon, 18 April 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A320-214 (G-EZWM), smoke in the cockpit en-route Liverpool to Naples on 28 August 2014
- Boeing 737-8AS (EI-EFB), tail scrape, Stansted, 29 July 2014
- Percival P66 Pembroke C MK1 (G-BNPH), runway excursion, MOD St Athan, 7 July 2014
- Casa 1-131E Series 2000 (G-CDLC), loss of directional control on landing, near Marlborough, Wiltshire, 8 September 2014
- Cessna 152 (G-BZWH), stalled during attempted go-around, Perth Airport, 10 July 2014
- Cessna P210N (N210SH), nosewheel collapse, Kemble, 24 June 2014
- Cvjetkovic CA-65 (G-CFVJ), Wheels up landing, Chavenage Airstrip, 31 August 2014
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-ACDC) and Avions Pierre Robin CEA DR400/140B (G-BFJZ), taxiing into a parked aircraft, Headcorn Aerodrome, Kent, 3 September 2014
- Escapade (G-LEEK), ground looped after landing, Haverfordwest Aerodrome, 17 July 2014
- Eurofox 912(S) (G-CHUP), runway excursion on landing, near Hay-on-Wye, Powys, 2 September 2014
- Extra EA 300 (G-SIII), collided with a fuel bowser whilst taxiing at White Waltham Airfield on 10 October 2014
- HAPI Cygnet SF-2A (G-BWFN), forced landing following loss of engine power, near Blithfield Reservoir, Staffordshire, 3 July 2014
- Jodel D117 (G-AWFW), aircraft overturned on landing, Near Keighley, West Yorkshire, 1 June 2014
- Jodel D120A (G-BDWX), unable to climb after takeoff, Full Sutton, 18 July 2014
- Jodel DR1050 (G-ARRE), left landing gear collapse, Coventry Airport, 21 July 2014
- Piper PA-18-150 (G-WLAC), aircraft overturned on landing, White Waltham Airfield, 28 September 2014
- Piper PA-32R-301 (G-RIGH), overran runway, Strathallan, 21 August 2014
- Pitts S-1S (G-TAYL), Heavy landing, Perth, 5 July 2014
- Rans S6-116 (G-BVZV), overturned on landing, private landing site near Oldbury-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, 19 June 2014
- Socata TB10 Tobago (G-POPI), forced landing following smoke in the cabin, 0.5 nm east of Guernsey Airport on 17 June 2014
- Socata TB20 Trinidad (G-JDEE), partial landing gear collapse while landing, North Moor Airfield, 16 July 2014
- Stampe SV4C (Modified) (G-BPLM), forced landing into field following engine failure, near Paddock Wood, Tunbridge Wells, 22 June 2014
- Stits Playboy SA3A (G-BVVR); loss of control while taxiing; Goodwood Aerodrome; 8 September 2014
- Tecnam P92-EA Echo (G-TCNM), heavy landing following engine failure after takeoff, Lleweni Parc Airfield, 24 August 2014
- Thruster T600N 450 (G-PSUK), loss of engine power and forced landing, Balado Park Airfield, 14 August 2014
- Yak-52 (G-BWSV), gear-up landing at North Weald Airfield, 29 September 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat (G-FOXB), wingtip contacted tree on approach, Slieve Croob, 28 September 2014
- EV-97 Eurostar Sl Microlight (G-SINN), damage to the nose gear, Sandown, 23 August 2014
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CEND), damaged during a bounced landing at Sywell Aerodrome on 30 September 2014
- Hoffmann H36 Dimona (G-CEUT); runway excursion after landing; RAF Wittering, Cambridgeshire; 9 August 2014
- Lindstrand LBL 90A Hot Air Balloon (G-MUPP), contacted power lines during landing at Silverstone Golf Club, Buckinghamshire on 25 July 2014
- P and M Aviation Quik R (G-CFDL), stalled on landing at Arclid Airfield on 8 September 2014
- Rans S6-ESD Xl (Modified) (G-MZIY), inadvertent flight control restriction, near Derby, Derbyshire, 21 September 2014
- Skyranger Swift 912S(1) (G-CFBY), nose gear collapsed, Eshott Airfield, Northumbria, 7 September 2014