- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 16 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 25 July 2014
- Aircraft category:
- Sport aviation and balloons
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Lindstrand, LBL 90A Hot Air Balloon
- Silverstone Golf Club, Buckinghamshire
Contacted power lines during landing at Silverstone Golf Club, Buckinghamshire, 25 July 2014.
Due to an increase in wind strength, above that forecast, the pilot decided to land the balloon in the first suitable field. The balloon touched down positively and then became airborne again and contacted an electricity power line transformer post and the associated power cables, before finally landing. The occupants received minor injuries. The balloon was damaged but there was no fire.
Published: 16 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 25 July 2014