- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 16 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 23 August 2014
- Aircraft category:
- Sport aviation and balloons
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- EV-97 Eurostar Sl microlight
- Sandown Airport, Isle of Wight
Damage to the nose gear, Sandown, 23 August 2014.
The pilot reported that after what seemed to him a normal approach to Runway 05 at Sandown, he applied insufficient flare and the aircraft landed on its nosewheel. The pilot then applied power and went around. The next landing was normal. Some time later, the pilot noticed damage to the structure at the junction of the firewall and the floor panel, which he considered was most likely caused when the aircraft landed on its nosewheel.
Published: 16 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 23 August 2014