- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 16 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 8 September 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- CASA 1-131E Series 2000 Jungmann
- Near Marlborough, Wiltshire
Loss of directional control on landing, near Marlborough, Wiltshire, 8 September 2014.
Following a normal landing in light wind conditions, the pilot was unable to prevent the aircraft deviating to the left. It left the grass airstrip and dug in to soft ground, coming to rest upright. The nature of the incident and the tracks left by the mainwheels suggested to the pilot that an undercarriage drag strut may have failed, causing the loss of directional control.
Published: 16 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 8 September 2014