On this page
Prepare for EU Exit
Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families
The EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens and their families to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU ('Brexit'): who's eligible, how to apply, how much it costs.
Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU
Most EU citizens will need to apply to continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU. Use this tool to find out what you need to do and when.
Visit Europe after Brexit
From 12 April, there may be changes to passports, driving, EHIC cards, pet travel and more - check if you need to act now.
Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad on holiday and how to exchange your licence if you move abroad - including driving in the EU after Brexit.
Stay in the UK after it leaves the EU ('settled status'): step by step
Find out how and when to apply for settled status after the UK leaves the EU.
Guidance and regulation
- International driving permits for UK drivers from 28 March 2019
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit
- Passport rules for travel to Europe after Brexit
- UK nationals travelling to the EU: essential information
- Living in Spain
News and communications
Research and statistics
- European Union Finances 2017
- Renal cancer and occupational exposure to trichloroethylene: IIAC position paper 39
- Summary of Issues Raised by British Citizens in the Netherlands
- What information is there on British migrants living in Europe?
Policy papers and consultations
- Tax Information and Impact Note for the UK Tariff 2019
- 11 March Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration laid before Parliament following political agreement.
- Critical goods for government-secured freight capacity
- Protecting and enhancing worker rights after the UK withdrawal from the European Union
- Processes for making free trade agreements once the UK has left the EU
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Department for Exiting the European Union: spend over £25,000, February 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union monthly workforce management information for 2017 to 2019
- Department for Exiting the European Union: ministerial gifts, hospitality, travel and meetings, October to December 2018.
- Department for Exiting the European Union: senior officials' hospitality, meetings and travel, October to December 2018
- Department for Exiting the European Union: special advisers' gifts, hospitality and meetings, October to December 2018