Ferret and other mustelinae register
Send information about your ferret or other mustelinae to the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) if you're in England and Wales.
Application to become a member of PAW
You can apply to be a member of PAW by completing this form.
Application for a greyhound racetrack welfare licence
This form must be completed by any greyhound racing track operator in England whose track is not regulated by the Greyhound Board of Great Britain.
Avian wildlife: casualty veterinary examination certificate
Form to complete a veterinary examination certificate for a wild bird which may be unfit to be released into the wild.
Guidance and regulation
- Import of products, animals, food and feed system (IPAFFS)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for people in England with animals
- Certify an export health certificate
- Apply for an export health certificate
- Animal welfare
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Top ten imported veterinary medicines - Quarterly report 1 July 2021 to 30 September 2021
- West nile virus in owls in Germany and Southern Europe
- VMD Published Standards 2021 to 2022: Monitoring performance
- African swine fever in pigs in the Americas
- Residues of veterinary medicines in food: 2021
Policy papers and consultations
- Labelling for animal welfare: call for evidence
- Changes to the rules on bringing pets into Great Britain
- Live animal exports: improvements to animal welfare in transport
- Primates as pets in England
- Action Plan for Animal Welfare
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate annual report and accounts 2020 to 2021
- FOI requests received by the VMD between 1 July to 31 December 2019
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate annual report and accounts 2019 to 2020
- AHWBE: register of interests
- Statistics on the Index of Exempted Dogs FOI2020/03986