Credit Card Sales Campaign

The Credit Card Sales Campaign is an opportunity to bring your tax affairs up to date if you’re an individual or business that accepts credit or debit card payments.

Who can do this

This opportunity is for you if:

  1. you accept card payments for goods or service
  2. you haven’t declared all your UK tax liabilities

Get the best terms

You need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you either:

  • haven’t registered with them
  • have failed to declare all your income

This is called a ‘voluntary disclosure’. To get the best terms, contact HMRC and tell them you want to take part in the campaign.

What you need to do

Disclose your income to HMRC. You’ll need a Government Gateway account if you don’t have one.

You’ll have 90 days to pay what you owe from the date you receive HMRC’s acknowledgement of your notification.

What happens if you should disclose but don’t

HMRC has details of all credit and debit card payments to UK businesses. This information is used to identify individuals and businesses that might not have paid what they owe.

You could face higher penalties or criminal prosecution if you don’t make a voluntary disclosure now and HMRC finds out that you’ve failed to declare all your income.

Campaign help and advice

Read more about how to notify and disclose - or call the Credit Card Sales Campaign Helpline.

Read more about the help and advice HMRC can provide.

Watch the HMRC campaign video to find out more.