Register for HMRC online services
You get a login for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online services when you register for tax online.
You register when you tell HMRC that you:
- want a personal tax account
- are an individual who needs to send a Self Assessment tax return (for example to report rental, investment or self-employment income)
- have set up a limited company or other organisation that needs to pay Corporation Tax
You also register when you tell HMRC that your business needs to:
- operate PAYE because you’ve started to employ people
- charge VAT because your taxable turnover is over £85,000
Registering for other taxes
You can browse for other HMRC taxes and services.
If you’re a tax agent or adviser, you can use HMRC online services on behalf of your clients.