Use this service to:
- fill in and send your tax return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- go back to a tax return you’ve already started
- check your details, view returns and print your tax calculation
Before you start
If you use the sign in button, you’ll need a Government Gateway account. You’ll already have one if you’ve used HMRC online services before.
If you don’t have one, you can create an account and enrol for the Self Assessment online service.
You can also sign in using GOV.UK Verify. If you haven’t used GOV.UK Verify before, it takes about 10 minutes to sign up. You’ll then be able to use it with other government services.
If you’re not registered
There are different ways to register if you’re:
You should allow enough time to complete the registration process so you can send your return by the deadline.
When you can’t use the service
- for a partnership
- for a trust or estate
- if you lived abroad as a non-resident
- if you get income from a trust, you’re a Lloyd’s underwriter or a religious minister
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).