Get ready for Brexit on
31 October 2019

Answer a few questions to find out how you or your business should prepare.

Businesses and organisations

Businesses and self-employed

Individuals and families

Visiting the EU after Brexit

Check what you need to do to visit the EU

For example, you’ll need to:

  • check your passport
  • get travel insurance to make sure you are covered for healthcare
  • make sure you have the right driving documents
  • get a health certificate for your pet, as UK pet passports will no longer be valid in the EU (contact your vet at least 4 months before you travel)

UK nationals living in the European Union

Check your rights for the country you live in

Continuing to live and work in an EU country after Brexit depends on the rules in that country.

For example, you’ll need to:

  • register or apply for residency
  • check if you are covered for healthcare and register if necessary
  • exchange your UK driving licence for a licence issued by the EU country where you live
  • check your passport

EU citizens living in the United Kingdom

Check what you need to do to stay in the UK

For example, you should check if you need to apply to the settlement scheme (if you or your family are from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland).