Change a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) plated details or notify alterations
Send details of notifiable alterations or apply for a change of plated details of a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) or trailer of over 3.5 tonnes.
Exemption from heavy goods vehicle (HGV) annual testing (form V112G)
If your HGV vehicle is an exempt goods vehicle weighing more than 3,500kg or a public service vehicle you will need to use this form.
Get a vehicle approved to carry dangerous goods by road
Apply for an ADR road vehicle certification test which allows vehicles to carry dangerous or hazardous goods in bulk on the road.
Specialist tests for lorries
The specialist HGV tests to carry dangerous goods, take goods outside the EU, change weight restrictions, qualify for a Low Emissions Certificate
Record details of a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) with DVSA
Record a heavy goods vehicle's details with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) so you get the right documents and can book an annual test (MOT).
Guidance and regulation
- Keeping commercial vehicles safe to drive (roadworthy)
- Heavy goods vehicles (HGV): driver's daily walkaround check
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Heavy Goods Vehicles (VEH05)
- Vehicle enforcement data for Great Britain
- Commercial vehicle fleet compliance checks, 2015 to 2016
- Commercial vehicle fleet compliance checks, 2014 to 2015
- Measuring emissions from heavy goods vehicles
Policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Longer semi-trailer trial evaluation: annual report 2017
- HGV tests in Ammanford, Pontypool and Cardiff (F0004752)
- HGV and PSV makes and models tested by VOSA (F0004213)
- Quarterly trailer tests 2010 (F0003221)
- HGV testing at Garretts Green HGVTS 2006 to 2010 (F0003131)