The standards followed by Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) staff when carrying out a lorry or trailer annual test (MOT).
PDF, 5.82MB, 212 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This manual is for everyone who takes part in HGV examinations and maintenance and explains:
- acceptable reasons for failure
- application of specific relevant requirements
- procedures and standards used during testing
Published: 18 July 2013
Updated: 1 September 2015
- Added the HGV inspection manual that will apply from 1 October 2015.
- Added the HGV inspection manual that comes into effect from 1 April 2015
- First published.