230 services


UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Check if you need a UK visa

    You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

  • Standard Visitor visa

    Apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business, leisure, to get private medical treatment or donate an organ

  • Applying for a visa to come to the UK

    Compare visas to visit, work, study or join a family member already in the UK.

  • Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

    The EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens and their families to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU ('Brexit'): who's eligible, how to apply, how much it costs.

  • Contact UK Visas and Immigration about your application

    How to contact UK visas and immigration (UKVI) from inside and outside the UK.

  • Visa processing times

    Check how long you'll have to wait for a decision on your visa application if you applied for your visa from outside the UK

  • Find a visa application centre

    Find the address, contact details and opening times of the UK visa application centre for your country

  • Check if you can become a British citizen

    There are different ways to apply for British citizenship, including ‘naturalisation’.

  • Choose a UK visit or short stay visa

    Apply for a visa if you want to visit the UK: find out how long you can stay for, what you can do while you're in the UK and how much each visa costs.

  • Family visas: apply, extend or switch

    Get a family visa for the UK, live with your spouse or relative - eligibility, proof, renewing, financial and English language requirements

  • General work visa (Tier 2)

    Apply for a General work visa (Tier 2) if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK - eligibility, fees, documents, extend or switch, bring your family, taking a second job

  • Visit the UK on a Standard Visitor visa

    Standard Visitor visa - prepare supporting documents, apply, book and attend an appointment, what happens at the UK border

  • Visit the UK for a holiday or to see family or friends

    Find out what you need to do if you're visiting the UK for a holiday or to see family or friends.

  • General student visa (Tier 4)

    Apply for a General student visa (Tier 4) to study in the UK if you're 16 or over - eligibility, extend or switch your visa, how much it costs and how long it takes

  • Visa fees

    Check how much your visa application costs in the country you’re in

  • Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK

    Check if you qualify to settle in the UK based on your current visa or relationship to people in the UK - settlement is also called 'indefinite leave to remain'

  • Life in the UK Test

    Use this official service for booking a Life in the UK Test as part of your application for citizenship or settlement

  • Biometric residence permits (BRPs)

    Biometric residence permits (BRP) - what they are, personal data, how to report problems

  • Continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU

    Most EU citizens will need to apply to continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU.

  • Short-term study visa

    Apply for a Short-term study visa (also known as a Short-term student visa) for a short course of study or training in the UK - fees, eligibility, documents you need and how to apply