Skip to main content

Search all content

2,446 results

2,446 results sorted by Most viewed
From UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
  • View and prove your immigration status

    Get proof of your immigration status if you have been told you can view your immigration status online, for example if you have settled or pre-settled status.

  • Prove your right to work to an employer

    Give permission to an employer to check your right to work details: the types of job you're allowed to do, when your right to work expires.

  • Check if you need a UK visa

    You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

  • Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor

    Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months), medical treatment and other activities. Find out whether you need a Standard Visitor visa, or can visit without a visa.

  • View a job applicant's right to work details

    Check a job applicant's right to work details to see if they're eligible to work in the UK.

  • Contact UK Visas and Immigration for help

    How to contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for help with your application or immigration account, from inside and outside the UK.

  • Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK

    Check how quickly you’ll receive a decision on your UK visa application if you are applying from outside the UK.

  • How to apply for a visa to come to the UK

    Compare visas to visit, work, study or join a family member already in the UK. How to apply and what the decision on your application means.

  • Skilled Worker visa

    Apply for a Skilled Worker visa (formerly a Tier 2 General work visa) if you’ve been offered a skilled job with a UK employer - eligibility, fees, documents, extend, switch or update, bring your partner and children, taking …

  • UK Visas and Immigration

    The home of UK Visas and Immigration on GOV.UK. UK Visas and Immigration is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the country, with a firm emphasis on national se…

  • Update your UK Visas and Immigration account details

    Keep your UK Visas and Immigration account details up to date - your mobile phone number, email address, name, identity document and UK address

  • Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

    The EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens and their families to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU ('Brexit'): who's eligible, how to apply, how much it costs.

  • Prove your right to rent in England

    Prove and share details of your right to rent in England if you have a biometric residence card or permit, settled or pre-settled status, or you applied for a visa and used the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your ide…

  • Student visa

    Apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you're 16 or over - eligibility, extend or switch your visa, how much it costs and how long it takes

  • Biometric residence permits (BRPs)

    Biometric residence permits (BRP) - what they are, personal data, how to report problems.

  • Find a visa application centre

    Find the address, contact details and opening times of the UK visa application centre for your country

  • Checking a job applicant's right to work

    Make sure a job applicant can work in the UK - check they have the right documents and make sure you're not prosecuted for employing an illegal worker.

  • Entering the UK

    UK border control - passport checks, visas for entering, customs, transiting and layovers.

  • Family visas: apply, extend or switch

    Get a family visa for the UK, live with your spouse or relative - eligibility, proof, renewing, financial and English language requirements.

  • Register of licensed sponsors: workers

    List of organisations licensed to sponsor workers on the Worker and Temporary Worker immigration routes.