Court claims, debt and bankruptcy


  • Make a court claim for money

    How to take legal action if someone owes you money (small claims court), how much it costs, what happens next. Includes information from withdrawn guidance EX302, EX304, EX306, EX321, EX325 and EX350.

  • Search the bankruptcy and insolvency register

    Search the Individual Insolvency Register for details about bankruptcy orders, Debt Relief Orders, Individual Voluntary Arrangements, and restrictions orders and undertakings

  • Make a money claim online

    Make a claim against someone who owes you money or manage an existing claim: small claims court.

  • Applying to become bankrupt

    How to apply for bankruptcy: how long it lasts, bankruptcy restrictions, what happens to your home and assets when you're bankrupt

  • Bailiff powers when they visit your home

    Your rights when bailiffs visit your home - entering your home, debts, complaining about private bailiffs, court bailiffs, civilian enforcement officers, certificated enforcement agents. Includes information from the withdrawn EX345 guidance.

See all services