Call for bids in Burma: FCO Programme fund 2017/2018
The British Embassy Rangoon has now opened its call for project bids under the FCO’s Programme Fund.
We are looking for projects that can be carried out during the financial year 2017/18. This year we are particularly interested in project proposals in the following areas:
Projects which support the Prevention of Sexual Violence in Conflict Initiative (PSVI)
The PSVI is a global campaign launched in 2012 by former British Foreign Secretary, William Hague, and the Special Envoy of UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Angelina Jolie Pitt, with the goal of ending the use of rape as a weapon of war worldwide. PSVI aims to address the culture of impunity and ensure better support for survivors. The UK is campaigning to raise awareness, rally global action, promote international coherence and increase the political will and capacity of states to do more. Please see here for more information.
Projects which support the tackling of the Illegal Wildlife Trade Initiative (IWT)
The UK government is committed to ending the illegal wildlife trade. We want to work with international partners to take action to achieve this goal. We want to focus on improving enforcement, reducing demand for products and supporting sustainable livelihoods and economic development in the communities affected. Please see here for more information.
The total funding requested for bids should be within the following limits for PSVI:
minimum limit: GBP 10,000
maximum limit: GBP 80,000
The total funding requested should be within the following limits for IWT:
minimum limit: GBP 10,000
maximum limit: GBP 40,000
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- value for money
- alignment with the above mentioned above priorities
- project design, including clear and achievable impact
- project viability, including the capacity of implementing organisation
- risk and stakeholder management
Please complete the project proposal form and send it to us before 28 March 2017. Please include a full breakdown of costs in an Activity Based Budget. Template forms and further guidance are available below. All bids should be submitted by email to: Press.Officer@fco.gov.uk by 2 April 2017.
PDF, 166KB, 1 page
PDF, 136KB, 3 pages
PDF, 225KB, 1 page
Please consider the below tips when designing your project:
- Projects should aim to start in mid April or May and end in February.
- Projects should plan to spend 90% by the end of December 2017.
- Payments are normally made quarterly. Payments are made after the completion of project activities. Advance payments are not usually possible.
- We require monitoring reports, which should include a detailed financial report. At the end of a project, we require a completion report, including a detailed financial report.
Please Note: Due to the volume of bids expected, it is unlikely we will be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful bids.
Published: 3 March 2017