The British Embassy Rangoon has now opened its call for concept notes under FCO programme funds.
The objective of the FCO programme funds is to support the reform process and promote a stable, secure and prosperous Burma.
In particular, we are looking for projects under the areas below that can be carried out in FY 18/19. Multi-year projects will also be considered.
- Freedom of expression (including training journalists)
- Minority rights (including ethnic, disability, and LGBT)
- Prevention of sexual violence
Broadening engagement in politics and society
- Civil society
Respect for diversity
- Freedom of religion or belief
- Interfaith dialogue
- Tackling hate speech
Economy and environment
- Tackling illegal trade
- Environment conservation
- Developing understanding especially in energy, infrastructure and financial services
The FCO is seeking initial concept notes in the following three funding windows:
• Short-term responses: Activities completed within one month, including workshops or participation in meetings (about £5,000-10,000)
• Short-term programmes: Specific activities that can be completed with the annual funding cycle (less that about £75,000)
• Multi-year programmes: Programmes lasting up to two years (less than about £100,000)
Preference will be given to ‘short-term programmes’ to be completed by March 2019.
All bids should be submitted to: email@example.com by 9 April 2018. Bids will be considered by the FCO programme committee. Shortlisted organisations will be asked to submit full proposals, where further details on value for money, and work plans will be required.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the provided focus areas
- Project design, including clear and achievable impact
- Project viability, including the capacity of implementing organisation
Please consider the below tips when designing your project:
- Projects should start only after May 2018 and end by March 2019. Multi-year projects will also be considered.
- Payments are deliverables-based and thus made after the completion of project activities. Advance payments are not usually possible.
- Administration costs should be less than 10% of the overall budget.
- We do not usually support equipment purchases.
- We require monitoring and financial reports quarterly and a completion report at the end of the project.
If the applicant does not hear from the FCO by the end of May, the bid is unsuccessful. Due to the high volume of bids expected, it is unlikely the FCO will be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful bids.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.