Apply to access our Information Services, Land Charges Services, electronic Document Registration Services, Network Services and Lender Services.
Apply for Business e-services
All organisations who are new to Business e-services must complete Business e-services application form AFS1.
A single application for Business e-services covers an entire legal entity including all departments, branches, and sub-offices. To apply, you must have the authority to do this on behalf of your whole organisation.
In addition to these services, if your organisation can meet the required criteria, you can also apply for our:
- Network Services available to legal services providers, such as solicitors and licensed conveyancers
- Lender Services available for lenders and third party agents that sometimes act on their behalf
Set up a Variable Direct Debit (VDD) account
Access to our Business e-services is free, but all organisations using them must have at least one VDD account to pay fees for services.
To set up a VDD account with us, complete and lodge a VDD application form and direct debit mandate form (page 13 to 15) for each new account you need.
Send these VDD forms with your application for Business e-services. If your organisation already has a VDD account with us, you must add details of any existing VDD key numbers that you wish to use, on the Business e-services application form AFS1.
Complete Business e-services form AFS1
By completing and signing form AFS1, you confirm that your organisation:
- accepts the Conditions of Use relating to these services (there is no need to sign, complete and send in a copy of the Conditions of Use with your application, but you may want to download it for information purposes)
- meets the minimum technical specification and security requirements set out in the Technical Manual by completing and signing the form
You must provide details of a responsible person and at least one administrator.
The role of an administrator is to manage:
- system access for the individual users within each organisation
- the account of the organisation
You must provide details of at least one administrator for your organisation. More information about the role in the Technical Manual.
You can apply for two administrators on form AFS1. If you need more than two, download, print and complete form AFS4, and send it to us with your form AFS1.
Responsible person and deputy responsible persons
The role of a responsible person and deputy responsible person has been created to assist your organisation with the proper supervision of your employees’ use of our services.
You must provide details for a responsible person. Deputy responsible persons can also be nominated to cover for the responsible person when they are not available or to manage a particular group or office within your organisation. More information about the role in the Technical Manual.
To apply for one or more deputy responsible persons, download, print and complete the form AFS5 and send this to us with your form AFS1.
Apply for Network Services
Your organisation may also be eligible to use our Network Services which allow you to submit applications electronically. Consider whether your organisation meets the criteria for entry into a Network Access Agreement (NAA) before applying for Network Services.
To apply, you must:
- complete two copies of the HM Land Registry Network Access Agreement (NAA)
- enter your organisation’s name and service addresses on both copies and make sure that:
- one copy is signed by a person with the authority to sign legal agreements on behalf of your organisation
- the other copy is left unsigned as it will be signed on behalf of the Chief Land Registrar and returned to you when your application has been approved
- send the agreements to us with your form AFS1
Apply for Lender Services
Your organisation may also be eligible to use our Lender Services which allow lenders to create and submit electronic discharges.
To apply you must:
- complete two copies of the Memorandum of Understanding: portal access to cancel registered charges (MoU)
- enter your organisation’s name and address on both copies
- leave both copies undated (HM Land Registry will enter the date on both copies if your application is approved)
- sign one copy on behalf of your organisation
- leave the second copy unsigned as it will be signed on behalf of the Chief Land Registrar and returned to you when your application has been approved
- send the agreements to us with your form AFS1
If you are a lender that employs an agent company to submit electronic discharges on your behalf, or an agent acting on behalf of one or more lenders, contact customer support before submitting your application.
Submit your application
Complete and return the form AFS1 (to the address on the form) with any other relevant documents mentioned on this page such as:
- Variable direct debit (VDD) application form and mandate (for each new VDD account your need)
- Network Access Agreement (2 copies)
- Memorandum of Understanding (2 copies)
- Additional administrator details continuation sheet (AFS4)
- Deputy responsible person details (AFS5)
We will contact you by email to confirm receipt of your application. It should be completed within 15 working days if everything is in order.
Help and support
If you have a query about applying for Business e-Services, contact us either:
- by phone 0300 006 0411
- by email email@example.com